Grainger is a fantastic company doing amazing things in eCommerce. You should know them as a leader in B2B eCommerce, truly defining what B2B eCommerce will look like in future. They have an exciting opportunity in their Chicago location for a Program Manager for eCommerce.
Here is what the job description looks like. Grainger would like our community to know about this position, but I would very much appreciate you telling them that I sent you. This is a new type of offering on eCommerceandB2B.com, and I would like to continue doing so.
Program Manager for eCommerce
Execute large, cross-functional projects or programs that have significant business impact and may span multiple business units/areas.
Responsibility for directing teams consisting of typically >15 people, diverse backgrounds and skill sets, likely to be geographically dispersed.
Manage dependencies between program’s projects; shepherds team on integration points and upstream/ downstream implications within and across projects and/or business activities.
Mentor business leaders and project leads on technical project leadership skills and best practices and ensures project life cycle frameworks are employed to deliver effectively and efficiently.
- Single accountable party for defining, planning, orchestrating and delivering one or more projects, programs or strategic initiatives. Accountable for one or more initiatives that encompass business, IT and operational deliverables.
- Ensures end results are of the highest caliber with a clearly articulated scope and clarity on the desired qualitative and/or quantifiable business benefit or outcomes.
- Directs large-scale, complex projects often involving multiple internal and external constituents and matrix partners.
- Structures the project/program/initiative in such a way that clear accountabilities are established and ultimately the PM bears accountability for delivery and satisfaction of the key stakeholders.
- Is an effective team builder who promotes team effectiveness by utilizing each person’s unique talent and skills, motivates performance, fosters communication and mitigates problems. In the interest of effective team operations, may recommend and take actions to alter team composition.
- Directly manages the application of a standard project life cycle methodology and ensures plans and actions executed by assembled business and IT teams are coordinated and delivered in accordance with that methodology.
- Rigorously manages scope to ensure commitments are achieved and expected outcomes enabled within agreed upon time, cost and quality parameters. Takes the initiative to make and/or propose adjustments in project/program aspects and makes recommendations to leadership.
- Responsible for the financial planning and management of the project/program/initiative. Validates financial forecasts and provides on-going reconciliation of resources and other related project expenditures.
- Directs the development of deployment strategy and plan that encompasses project communications, training and change management plans and personally assures that appropriate contacts and relationships are developed and maintained.
- Chairs weekly Core Team and monthly Operating Committee meetings to review progress with key constituents as well as provides regular status reporting to all stakeholders.
- Ensures that project milestones are identified and tracked to proactively identify and resolve issues and mitigate risks that may threaten project/program/initiative delivery.
- Ensures that key project/program/initiative deliverables are appropriately managed that support successful project delivery using project management best practices, methods and tools. The resulting evidence of this may include the following artifacts: project charter, integrated project plan, resource plan, risk management/contingency plans as well as a deployment plan that factors adoption to change.
- Represents the initiative in various project governance and inter-departmental forums.
Grainger Program Manager Requirements
- Bachelor Degree and 7+ years relevant work experience in program and project leadership. MBA a plus.
- Able to see big picture yet deal with significant complexities and ambiguities, especially as related to orchestrating changes to multiple business processes and/or supporting platforms/ technology changes for 1+ organizations or the Enterprise .
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills on complex matters.
- Proven leadership ability that manifests itself in quickly earning sponsorship and key stakeholder trust; mobilizing and motivating teams; setting direction and approach; resolving conflict; delivering tough messages with grace; executing with limited information and ambiguity.
- Demonstrated, applied expertise organizing and delivering complex projects.
- Proven relationship management skills that enable effective navigation in a highly matrixed organization and incorporates and fosters appropriate customer focus.
- Solid negotiation, influencing and conflict resolution skills.
- Sound business, technical and financial acumen.
- Big picture thinker with an entrepreneurial bent who combines those qualities with a proven track record of results orientation.
- Focused and versatile team player who is comfortable under pressure.
- Strong communicator with polished presentation skills. Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision both written and verbally.
- Demonstrated strong sense of urgency with laser-like focus and command of issues and risks. Track record of proactively anticipating problems, avoiding them and/or leading effective barrier removal efforts to maintain team focus on delivery.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Exemplary core project management knowledge and skills and expertise in the use of various project development life cycle methods and tools, such as Agile/Scrum and Waterfall.
- Accomplished in and fosters the use of Continuous Improvement (CI) methods and tools.
If you have a job opening you would like to post, or would like to give me your resume, email me at email@example.com